FITS THE FOLLOWING EXHAUSTS:
Most Hard Krome 2.5" American Classics with original end cap [HK Part Number required to order - see ** below]. A slightly richer condition may occur on motorcycles over 1100cc.
SMARTPARTZ PART NUMBERS - [HK part numbers]:
SPZHK25010 [38-2040, 38-2050, 38-2060, 38-2070,
38-2075, 38-2080, 38-2090, 38-4020, 38-4025, 38-4030, 38-4040, 38-4050, 38-4060, 38-4070, 38-6010, 38-6020, 38-6030, 38-6050, 38-6060, 38-6070, 38-6080, 38-8010, 38-8020, 38-8025, 38-8030, 38-8040, 38-8050, 38-8060, 381-4060, 381-4070, 381-6070, 80-2000,80-2020, 80-2060, 80-2080.]
SPZHK25020 [42-2804, 42-2808, 42-2825, 42-2830,
42-2840, 42-2870, 42-2880, 42-2890, 42-4830, 42-4840, 42-4850, 42-4860, 42-6814, 42-8805, 42-8810, 87-2015, 87-2060, 932-3000]
SPZHK25030 [38-2010, 38-2020, 38-2030, 38-2035,
2 Hard Kore Quiet Baffles,
2 Allen Keys, 2 Allen Screws,
2 Set Screws, 1/8” Drill Bit, 1/4” Drill Bit.
Use Loctite on all screws.
1. Remove exhaust end cap by unscrewing exhaust allen screw with allen key (supplied).
2. Locate countersunk hole on end cap adjacent to threaded hole (choose one). Take 1/8” drill bit (supplied) and drill a starter hole. Take 1/4” drill bit (supplied) and drill hole. (A new hole is required as original threaded hole will bind with our baffle thread.)
3. Important – put a bead of High Temperature Silicone Adhesive Gasket Maker or similar in the end cap to seat the baffle into the end cap. Start set screws in one of the threaded tabs ensuring that the knurled end of the set screw is facing out so that it will bite into the endcap when tightened. Place baffle in endcap.
4. Insert small allen key (supplied) through hole in end cap, hole in tab and through baffle, then tighten the set screw. Insert button allen screw through end cap into baffle tab. Ensure baffle is installed squarely. You should now have an installed baffle in your end cap which you can place aside to dry for 24 hours.
2. Remove button allen screw. Insert endcap and baffle assembly into the exhaust. Secure with button allen screw.
** We require your exhaust pipe part number to order the 2.5" Hard Kore Quiet Baffles as there is a variation of end cap styles for the 2.5"s. Your exhaust pipe part number is stamped on your front pipe, on the first bracket (which attaches your outer and inner pipes) approx 6-10" from the engine head. Slide a mirror between your front exhaust pipe and engine to view this. Remember the mirror will show the numbers in reverse.
NOTE : As with all motor modifications, some rejetting may be required. The baffles may create a slightly rich condition in some circumstances.