Copyright © 2014 Smartpartz, LLC. All rights reserved.
2.5" Hard Kore
Countersunk Hole You Drill
Quiet baffles available for immediate delivery.
Call Smartpartz tollfree on 1-800-560-0368 within USA,
9am-4pm US Pacific Standard Time
MSRP $69.95 per pair (plus shipping & handling, tax if applicable)
FITS THE FOLLOWING EXHAUST:
Hard Krome Dual Radius Exhaust
SMARTPARTZ PART NUMBER:
2 Hard Kore Quiet Baffles,
2 Allen Keys, 2 Allen Screws,
2 Set Screws, 1/8” Drill Bit, 1/4” Drill Bit.
Use Loctite on all screws.
1. Remove exhaust end cap by unscrewing exhaust allen screw with allen key (supplied).
2. Locate countersunk hole on end cap adjacent to threaded hole (choose one). Take 1/8” drill bit (supplied) and drill a starter hole. Take 1/4” drill bit (supplied) and drill hole. (A new hole is required as original threaded hole will bind with our baffle thread.)
3. Important – put a bead of High Temperature Silicone Adhesive Gasket Maker or similar in the end cap to seat the baffle into the end cap. Start set screws in one of the threaded tabs ensuring that the knurled end of the set screw is facing out so that it will bite into the endcap when tightened. Place baffle in endcap.
4. Insert small allen key (supplied) through hole in end cap, hole in tab and through baffle, then tighten the set screw. Insert button allen screw through end cap into baffle tab. Ensure baffle is installed squarely. You should now have an installed baffle in your end cap which you can place aside to dry for 24 hours.
2. Remove button allen screw. Insert endcap and baffle assembly into the exhaust. Secure with button allen screw.
NOTE : As with all motor modifications, some rejetting may be required. The baffles may create a slightly rich condition in some circumstances, particularly in exhausts over 1100cc.
Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffles
for Hard Krome Dual Radius Exhaust
Smartpartz quiet baffle installs into end cap in this direction.
Hard Krome Dual Radius Exhaust with one end cap removed, ready for Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffle installation.
Smartpartz quiet baffle installed into end cap.